CONFERENCE PROCEEDING
The evaluation of anti-aging cosmetics
 
More details
Hide details
1
Division of of Aesthetics and Cosmetology, Department of Nutritional Sciences and Dietetics, School of Health Sciences, International Hellenic University, Thessaloniki, Greece
 
 
Publication date: 2022-05-27
 
 
Public Health Toxicol 2022;2(Supplement 1):A120
 
KEYWORDS
ABSTRACT
Introduction:
The beauty market includes the provision of services that concern both the face and the body. There are many methods applied, aiming to the good appearance of the skin. Cosmetology constantly researches and produces products targeting to anti-aging and smoothing wrinkles that appear over time. Consumption of anti-aging products is high worldwide. For this reason we research customers’ satisfaction by the use of these products.

Material and Methods:
A total of 242 people took part in the research, of which 228 were women and 14 were men. All these people visited either beauty salons or dermatological clinics. The age of the respondents ranged from 35 to 87 years. All participants were asked if they had used anti-aging cosmetics and they were requested to evaluate their effectiveness according to the Likert scale. The lowest score was 1 and the highest 5. They were also asked what other anti-aging methods they had used.

Results:
About 71% of participants replied that the use of anti-aging cosmetic products had not caused any significant results. On the contrary, the remaining 29% had noticed an improvement in their skin appearance. Only 18.18% underwent other anti-aging treatments. These treatments were mesotherapy (50%), botox (25%), injectable hyaluronic acid (4.54%), followed by radiofrequency treatments, lasers and chemical peels.

Conclusions:
Although 71% of the respondents did not mention a good effect by the use of anti-aging cosmetics, however only 18.18% tried other anti-aging methods. This may be because these other methods are more aggressive. There should be more information about the importance of nutrition in the health and good appearance of the skin.

 
REFERENCES (3)
1.
Patsioura S, Tekeri M, Theodoridis E, Papadopoulos I. The Fall of Cryolipolysis. Journal of Dermatology Research 2021;2(2):1-5. doi:10.46889/jdr.2021.2204
 
2.
Pham TL, Thi TT, Nguyen HT, Lao TD, Binh NT, Nguyen QD. Anti-Aging Effects of a Serum Based on Coconut Oil Combined with Deer Antler Stem Cell Extract on a Mouse Model of Skin Aging. Cells. 2022;11(4):597. doi:10.3390/cells11040597
 
3.
Chen X, Brodaty H, O'Leary F. Nutrition senolytics - illusion or reality for cognitive ageing? Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2022;25(1):7-28. doi:10.1097/MCO.0000000000000796
 
ISSN:2732-8929
Journals System - logo
Scroll to top